Software is not complete without testing. Software testing involves analyzing the software in terms of its industry standards, user satisfaction level, and bugs. Developer puts their efforts to make the product, while a software tester has to verify it for use. Hence testing is a more responsible job.
software testing is a field that demands creativity and the ability to think like a user. That doesn’t mean software testing is far away from coding. The present world owes to agility, and the work needs to be automated. Here is were coded scripts make testing faster.
Testing automation is going to be high in future with increasing demands of testing and coding skills to automate different types of tests. This leads to increased opportunities for software coders and testers.
Technologies are going to rock the market in a while, and their success would own to robust testing automation and core testing frameworks.
Being a software developer means to have an ocean full of codes running into your mind. Developers can also test and verify the working of their product. However, being a software tester having considerable coding skills is an added advantage for you as well as the organization you work for.
Opportunities never end for software testers. You would never know what kind of project you will get to work on and what are its requirements. Many clients prefer to have their testers working on site to understand their needs practically and check if the software is compatible with their industrial environment.
In the process of developing software, both software developers and testers play a significant role. However, the responsibility of a software tester is more and starts before a software developer enters. Software testers have to check the specification archives before the commencement of actual development and then continue with their job till the end of the project.Not everyone can be a tester. Not even a developer can replace the specialized skills of a software tester. The ability to design specific frameworks for testing the software, making it fail and then analyzing its capability to recover is not an easy task.
Building logic and testing logic carry different meanings. You have to think a lot to test the logic behind every piece of code that works in the software. IT companies are still waiting for the real talent to dedicate themselves into the job. Future of an uncertain job depends on your ability, determination, authentication, and dedication towards your work. It’s your knowledge that turns low paid job into a decent one. Be a software tester or a software developer; you have to prove yourselves and respect both the fields.
Testers are the key player in the field of software.
- Tester needs to think of all possibilities and this keeps ones mind always active.
- They have to convince the developer that the application developed by them is not as excepted.Here the power of convincing people in right way will get boosted.
- Negative thinking is the assetfor Testers only. For others it may be a weak point.
- Need not to have in-depth knowledge on programming. Will get paid as much as Developer gets.
- The job of software testing is highly rewarding as you get promoted to higher posts as you gain more experience.
- Many prominent IT companies have various vacancies in this field.
- The future scope of this job is ever-increasing so the career will be secure and growing.
- It is not a dead-end career, you can always diversify yourself into related branches like BA (Business Analyst) and explore the industry.
Info about Cisco Exam