Job getting is a fantastic way to integrate, meet new people, and develop skills. In Australia, these all skills prove incredibly beneficial when you apply for a job. To get a job in Australia, there are many stages and hurdles before you even get the interview.
There are some suggestions to follow to get a job in Australia: –
- As an international student in Australia you should understand your work rights: – On a valid student visa, international students in Australia can work for up to 40 hours per fortnight while classes are in session. They can also work unlimited hours when they have a break from classes. Hours of work that are required as part of your studies will not count towards your 40 hours, and most volunteer and unpaid work are OK, too. If anyone will breach these restrictions then their visa will be canceled and they can deport back to the country.
- Do your research: – Before applying for the job, you should do some research where you are applying for the job. This will make your application easier to assemble, and you will be much better prepared when it will be time for the interview. Do not make one generic application for all jobs, each application should be specifically tailored to the role you are applying for. Employers are looking for candidates who have a true desire to work with them and are not just submitting 100 applications randomly.
- Read the job description properly: – Every job profile is asking for special and unique requirements. The job description has four important parts that need to address in the CV and resume. These four important parts are: –
- Key selection criteria
- Make a resume and cover letter that get the right attention: – To apply for the job your resume and cover letter should be generic according to the job description. Your Resume should be an outline of your job history, starting with the most recent role. The format of the resume should be professional and unique. The cover letter should be directed to the person who is responsible for hiring. This should be clear, concise, and easy to read.
- Follow it up after applying: – It is an effective step to follow up with your application after two or three days of submission. It shows that you are eager and proactive to take action.
- Prepare for the interview: – To prepare for the interview always be positive and be confident. Collect all valuable information about the company where you are going for an interview.
- Follow up with your employer: – Find out when the employer plans to make their hiring decision. You can follow up with the given timeline if you have not heard anything since the meeting.
In the nutshell, applying for a job needs a lot of research and international students should follow all the restrictions.
Click here for CCNA Certification