With many software companies moving to Agile the necessity for the agile knowledge has increased manifold. As many IT companies want to fill the gap with right skills, importance of the Agile certifications have also increased. With Agile, there are a number of certifications that can increase your value as a job seeker. As per CIO.com below are the top seven certifications to be considered for someone who is interested in agile.
- PMI-ACP: It is the Agile Certified Professional certificate from the Project Management Institute. It helps people in managing their skills even better. Project management certifications and experience with working in agile environments are considered as a pre-requisite for the exam. It has a total of 120 questions with three hours to complete it. It gives a more real time experience and understanding of the topic.
- APMG International: It is a global accreditation organisation which offers certifications on a number of agile project management methodologies. Few certifications include
- Agile Business Analysis
- Agile Programme Management
- Agile Project Management
- PRINCE2 Agile@
They also provide certifications in DSDM technology which is an agile methodology.
- Twenty Eighty Strategy Execution: It provides two kinds of certifications. One is Associate level and the other is the Master level. One would gain an Associate’s certificate in agile practices by completing three courses in two years. For the master’s certificate one is expected to complete seven courses in four years. They also offer separate courses for agile methodologies.
- IC Agile certifications: International Consortium for Agile certifications. They have three levels of certifications as Professional, Expert and Master and also provide certifications for different methodologies that use agile framework such as Scrum, XP, Kanban etc.
- Agile Certification Institute: They provide three levels of certifications for overall adoption of the agile technology such as Masters Level, Professional level and the enterprise level. Whether it is an individual certification or something for the whole team, they have certifications which cover all the aspects of agile development.
- Scaled Agile Academy: This certification is intended for people who work on a large scale in the agile environment. Scaled Agile Framework offers five different levels of certifications such as
- SAFe Program Consultant Trainer
- SAFe Program Consultant
- SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Product Manager
- SAFe Practitioner
- Scrum alliance: Scrum is the most widely used framework of agile methodology. Scrum alliance offers many certifications which help you in understanding the practice of scrum and makes the adoption to scrum easier. They are more focused on learning from the successful implementation of scrum in actual projects. There are many levels of certifications provided by them such as
- Certified Scrum Product owner
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum developer
- Certified Scrum Professional
- Certified Scrum Trainer
- Certified Enterprise Coach
- Certified Team Coach
There are also other globally recognized agile certifications as below:
- BCS: The chartered institute of IT also provides two levels of certifications in agile. One is the foundation level which covers the basic concepts and is intended for everyone who wants the general understanding of agile technologies. It is a one hour, closed book exam with 40 multiple choice questions and the pass mark is 65%. Second is the practitioner level exam which is intended for people who are working with agile environment or want to rollout new projects using agile. There is no pre-requisite though and is a scenario based questions.
These are the little training which is considered to be the most popular and which covers the whole concepts in detail. There are many other training institutes which offer certifications in Agile, but they are not in detail and do not cover all the aspects of the agile management.
Logitrain delivers the best Agile Certificate Courses, for more information please visit www.logitrain.com.au or call 1800 159 151.