Software testing plays an essential role for proper investigation of the software application’s quality and ensuring that the product you are going to use is free of bugs and any sort of ambiguity, After the completion of the designing and development process, testing of each module is necessary before implementation. Software testing is performed using various tools. Software testing is really required to point out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases.
- Example: Programmers may make a mistake during the implementation of the software. There could be many reasons for this like lack of experience of the programmer, lack of knowledge of the programming language, insufficient experience in the domain, incorrect implementation of the algorithm due to complex logic or simply human error.
Advantages of Testing:
- High-Quality Software Products: Software testing results in more accuracy and better quality of your product, that is the utmost priority of every customer. Testing is necessary in order to provide the facilities to the customers like the delivery of high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results. High quality product typically has fewer defects and requires lesser maintenance effort, which in turn means reduced costs.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction:By making QA software testing a clear priority for software development, you are sending a message to your clients that you want their software to be as successful as possible. Every business strives to have a happy customer by producing the best quality product and guaranteeing its reliability. This can be achieved by software testing.
- More Business Growth and Profit:When you sell a good product, people will definitely recommend it to others, helping in retaining old clients and gaining new ones, and resulting in an ultimate business growth, along with a significant increase in return on investment with a relatively higher percentage.
- Enhanced User Experience:Your entire software needs to be free of bugs and errors to deliver amazing user experiences.
- Business Optimization:You get more satisfied clients, fewer costs for fixing the product, a better quality and customer retention, through software quality assurance
- It’s important to ensure that the application should not result into any failures because it can be very expensive in the future or in the later stages of the development. Testing is required for an effective performance of software application or product.
To put it simply, the importance of software testing can be traced from the user’s response. It assures the quality of the product and satisfies the customers as well as users. Also, it promises better business optimization. As the development process follows the software development life cycle, the testing process lines up right behind the queue to compile the units to verify and validates.
Altogether, it is a continuous process of verification and validation to deliver an excellent product. Each phase of the test determines the performance and efficiency of the system/application. As a result, it helps to ensure whether the software application aligns with all the technical and business parameters.
The importance of software testing is evident in the final quality assurance report. By successfully passing through the different levels of testing, the final products could perform beyond the expected outcomes. At each level, the testers can not only figure out the errors but also prevent such errors in the future.
The importance of software testing and quality assurance is of high value in a software development cycle. Both of the processes refines the whole process and ensure superior quality to the product. Also, it reduces maintenance costs and provides better usability and enhanced functionality. When software testing push the individual components, quality assurance provide evidence to the product- Fit for the purpose.
To learn Microsoft Certification